The ketogenic diet has a very high requirement for fat intake, and the intake of carbon water is strictly controlled, and an appropriate amount of protein is also required. The ketogenic diet replaces carbohydrates with fat. After the body has consumed glucose, it slowly begins to burn fat, energizes the body, and then slowly enters the ketogenic state. Eventually, the body enters a state of high-speed fat burning.
The rapid decline in weight in a short period of time has greatly increased the confidence of dieters, but the study found that this advantage is reflected in the weight loss of 3 to 6 months, the weight loss effect of 12 months or 24 months and other weight loss methods are not significant difference.
Some friends know that the ketogenic diet was once considered the fastest way to lose weight. The biggest characteristic of the ketogenic diet is that for many dieters, you can eat very well, because the ketogenic diet generally does not control calories, compared to the traditional low-fat diet to control calories. And for patients with carbon-water addiction, the ketogenic diet is a good way to lose weight, but there are certain risks.
Because the ketogenic diet is an ultra-low sugar, low protein, high fat diet. If you want to start a ketogenic diet, you must pay attention to what you can eat!
Food to Eat
Edible oil: lard, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, etc. Some natural oils and fats can be eaten more, but less corn oil, peanut oil and other seed oils.
Meat: You can eat all the meat. Is this very unexpected? Yes, the ketogenic diet can eat all the meat, and the best choice is organic grass-fed meat with skin and fat, like pork belly, pork knuckle, burdock, chicken and duck; internal organs, various fish Classes are also best for fat, such as salmon and saury; eggs are also edible. But you need to be careful about excessive protein.
Vegetables: Vegetables are the main source of carbohydrates in the ketogenic diet. All green leafy vegetables and non-starch vegetables generally mean that they grow on the ground. Non-plant roots can be eaten regularly. Most of the carbon water content is fiber, which is good for health.
Fruit: Because most fruits are high in sugar, especially like berries, they can only be eaten occasionally as desserts.
Dairy products: You can often eat lactose-free dairy products such as full-fat cheese and full-fat cream, but pay attention to buying sugar-free.
Beverage: In terms of beverages, a lot of water, moderate amount of tea, and moderate amount of coffee are good choices!
Food to Avoid
- All staple foods including miscellaneous grains and miscellaneous beans such as taro, rice, noodles, bread, dumplings, steamed buns, fried dough sticks, pot stickers, pancakes and miscellaneous beans.
- potatoes such as taro, sweet potato, purple potato, and yam.
- All fruits except avocado with a particularly high fat content.
- High-carbohydrate vegetables such as lily, lotus root, horseshoe, yam, okra, edamame, carrot, onion, garlic, beans, white, etc.
- Any food added with sucrose.
Why Ketogenic Diet mode so fast that it is not so hungry?
- Only the muscles and brain in the body can use the ketone body as a source of partial energy. Most of the ketone bodies that are not used can carry energy through the urine and breathing, which reduces the accumulation of energy in the body.
- Ketone body has the effect of suppressing appetite. Dietary fiber in vegetables will increase satiety. Protein-rich meat, eggs, milk and beans will also help to delay satiety. Therefore, the appetite of ketogenic diet will become smaller and ingest. The energy will be reduced, which naturally helps to lose weight.
- Most of the body’s tissues and organs can not use ketone bodies to use only glucose to supply energy. When strictly limiting carbohydrates, the body can only break down proteins and convert them into glucose.
Although the ketogenic diet does not strictly limit the amount of meat, eggs, and beans, it does not eat too much. This makes the protein-converted glucose that is eaten in the diet may not be enough for life, and the body will break down into the muscle tissue. The protein is converted into glucose for energy supply, and a large amount of water produced by the decomposition of muscle tissue is excreted, which is also beneficial for weight loss.